Monday, January 20, 2014

Worth While Investments

A worthwhile investment can be a new car, your first home, college. The list can go on and on... But that's not what I'm talking about today. I'm talking about something less expensive...your overall appearance from head to toe, what you wear to your haircut and makeup.



First off, I'll start off with clothes. Find a style you like and would like to go for. Do you like the tailored look? Lean toward a more feminine, yet classic look? Boho? Go trying on clothes at different stores from Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus to your local mall, of different looks so that you like or at least see which ones you don't. You'll fun have picking out what you lean towards and like the most. As you go trying on, think of your life style. Are you a mom of little kids always chasing them around...or are you more of a woman who works in the office Monday through Friday. Invest in clothes that fits your lifestyle, yet you love and you wear over and over again because they are classic pieces for you and they are your favorite.

For me I shop at The Limited for pants, skirts, capris and jewelry. I've found the best deals there. I like the Exact Stretch because they are comfortable and the fabric is light weight enough for hot summer days and a few non-windy days in the early fall, and the warmer part of winter. I like Ann Taylor tops and dresses for summer. As well as tops from Loft.

 Go to stores you don't shop at not because of price, but more because it may not be "your style". You don't know what you might find. They may have some tops, a skirt, even a scarf that goes with what you already just bought or something you already have.

For your hair...a great hair cut is really worth the investment. It can pull your whole look together, make your face look slimmer, make you look and feel brand new...

The best way to find a hair dresser that you like is just simply ask around. When you see another woman on the street with a haircut that you like and would like y to have your hair like that just ask. Its not only a complement to her but also her hair dresser as well. I like to get my hair style inspirations from different actresses that I like as well as my favorite hair mag, Sophisticate's Hairstyle Guide. Currently Nashville actress Hayden Panettiere is on the cover. I've bought this magazine for years and while I've paged through other hair mags, this one is my go-to, # 1 favorite for a new hairstyle.
Work with the natural texture of your hair, but find a style the complements your hair. I have thin lifeless hair, so I keep mine cut in a jaw length bob with long layers for volume and movement. If you're thinking of going for something that short click here for more ideas...

I've been wearing MAC makeup since 2006 and I LOVE it. To me a makeup is worth the investment like a great hair cut and a well fitted and styled wardrobe. Like everything else, before you speak its one of the first things people see. A good brand to well applied makeup makes the difference of looking like you played in your mother's makeup, let your 5 apply it for you to looking like you stepped out of the pages of Allure to your favorite magazine, given you don't subscribe to a clown magazine. LOL!!! But really, good makeup that's well applied will make a HUGE difference in landing your dream job to just getting a job period.


 I like the smokey for both day and night. But since I wasn't sure how to get the look without looking like I had two black eyes, I read InStyle, Allure and half a dozen trips to the MAC counter. And now today, I've accomplished the look I want and I get complements on it and I simply say thank you and tell them how I got it.
Investing in a great wardrobe, a great hair cut and makeup can simply make a world of a difference and can help you make bigger investments such as that car or that house or even both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are just some in general quotes you might enjoy.