Saturday, July 12, 2014

InStyle August 2014

instyle august 2014 | ... InStyle magazine’s August 2014 issue wearing a purple and yellow


 
So its almost the at time of year again to be thinking about fall clothes…at the very least, along with cooler days, chilly nights and warm lattes, but until then check out this issue of InStyle!!!!


On page 24 on You Called the Shots at Cannes! I really agree with the 39% who voted for Jennifer Lawrence’s dress. I like it, but I like her hair even better!


Inspired by InStyle on page 44, I’m in spired to try a jump suit, a midiskirt and a white flippy skirt. All very summery!


On page 56 Roland Mouret creates a line for Banana Republic that comes out August 7. It’s a 27-piece collection that’s $165 at most. The dresses that are featured are $140 each. I like the black and white color block one the best.


On page 62 model Coco Rocha sports a bob alas Katie Holmes’s bob she sported back in 2007. Love that style!


Cate Blanchett is classy in a Ralph Lauren Collection dress on page 73 in The Look. She’s truly a vision!!! I like the yellow Gucci suit Camilla Belle is wearing on page 74. I like the floral print dress Emmy Rossum is wearing by 3.1 Phillip Lim and I like Lupita Nyong’o’s (Oscar de la Renta) and Jamie Chung’s (Banana Republic Marimekko Collection) dresses.


On page 80 & 81 is Taylor Swift’s 10 Best Ever. I like outfit 7 and 4 the best.


All About. . . Dries Van Noten on page 83-86 gives us a preview of what’s to come for fall.


Look Smart on page 97 is about designers who are making “athleisure” yoga and sweat pants to wear past the gym, but how far should they go? Personally I don’t do yoga nor wear sweat pants and I wouldn’t wear either one.


In Your Look on page 103 is slit skirts. I don’t mind a short slit in the back, but up to the thigh and then some I say no.


I like Instant Style this month on page 107-114. Wear Now, Wear Later, giving ideas on wearing a pastel coat now and on into fall to wide leg trousers.


Candy Apple Red is the color of choice for Color Crash Course on page 128 & 129. I would start small with a shoe or necklace.


What Your Denim Says About You on page 131-138 is nice. There’s the cooler prepster to the neo-rocker. I like the 3x1 jacket on page 138.


Blake Lively, January Jones, Janelle Monae rock the latest in hair, the twist on page 147. Its nice for a wedding or any other occasion, just about.


Find out the 10 Ways to Sunproof Yourself on page 149 & 150.


The latest face for Bobbi Brown, Kate Upton is in Beauty Talk on page 153. Surprisingly Kate wasn’t always curvy! Who knew!!!


On page 157 is Summer Hair Rehab to get your hair back in shape after all those extra high lights, sea salt and chlorine at the pool.


You Can Do Minimal Makeup on page 165. It gets you out the door faster to make those summer memories. . .


Check out the many hair styles Scarlett Johansson has had over the years on page 182.


I’m loving the shoes in Heart & Sole on page 193-204. From black n white, snake print, embellished, peekaboo, colorblock,  to space age, fall’s shoes looks pretty good.


The Best for A Lot Less At. . .GAP is pretty good. I like their cotton sleeveless top for $40, on page 210.


August cover girl Zooey Deschanel is on page 217.
Enjoy the issue!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are just some in general quotes you might enjoy.