Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lucky May 2014

 
 

So jumping right in on page 24 of the May 2014 issue of Lucky is Behind the Scenes with Olivia Wilde. I’m loving the white bag she’s carrying for the photo shoot. I think page 24 is one of my favorite pages.

On page 38 you can wear bright red lipstick in the summer and on page 40 there are clothes for women who are short and curvy yet who are not plus size.

Jeweled embellishments liven up jean jackets to light weight sweaters to clutches making it even more chic and stylish on page 43 & 44.

I really liked the article on page 50 entitled, The Boyfriend Effect. To this article not only applies to those who have boyfriends, but also those who have friends who have a fairly big influence in their lives as well. To sum it up to not give away too much, its about a woman who was single and meets a guy and after a while they move in, and in the process she loses who style. Once the bf moves in they spend more time at home so she doesn’t feel the need to dress up like she use to, only when she goes to business meetings and then when she decides to wear a dress she’s not worn in sometime and her bf kind of makes fun of her, but then she changes her style and she works on having that old part of her back. It just makes me think of how we let the influence of others at time dictate how we dress and what we do.

Page 56-62 is all about Office Hours and how to stay stylish while you’re at the office and keeping it modern while doing so. I really like the trench coat on page 58, a collarless trench coat by A.P.C.

Style Rules: Kate Moss is a refreshing read in page 72. I like a good tuxedo jacket, which can go with just about any outfit from jeans to a pencil skirt. And I’m loving the metallic heels by Gianvito Rossi.

Find the perfect cuff on page 78. I like the ones they have featured from Tiffany & Co., but since not all can afford those prices, they are listed for $495 to $1,150, you can find some at The Limited (www.thelimited.com) and still look stylish, but I do those cuffs that are featured there.

Espadrilles get a makeover on page 91. They get a sophisticated makeover in denim, raffia and ultra-luxe leather. I think if you had the right pairings, they would look good with linen pants and a flowy top. But that’s just me.

On page 95 is about the new cat eye, which is a slash of punk rock meets Brigitte Bardot sophistication. A simple way to get out the door in a hurry!

Then on page 96 is Viktor & Rolf’s new perfume, Bonbon. While its $165 at Saks (www.saks.com) its worth every penny and the bottle along makes a feminine touch on your vanity or chest of drawers. I would buy it if I had it.

You can do a glamorous manicure on page 100. I also do manis and pedis for myself because then if I smudge it I can fix it myself.

Check out the 6 prettiest new scents on page 104. I like Philosophy Loveswept. It’s a tart-yet-sweet passion fruit mixes gorgeously with jasmine, violet and cedarwood. The lotion and shower gel are just out of this world. I would wear all three!!! You can find Philosophy at Ulta, Sephora and of course www.philosophy.com.

In Beauty Rules: Kate Upton chats about perfected key tricks she’s picked up from photo shoots on page 105.

On page 110 is Indie Heaven. Its all natural bath and body products you can’t find anywhere else and it worth checking out.

And of course, pick up this issue to read all about Olivia Wilde and how she views life when she as in her 20s and now that she’s a mom and in her 30s, she just recently turned 30!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here are just some in general quotes you might enjoy.